Monday, May 28, 2007

Saturday's portrait shoot

This past Saturday I did portraits at Loose Park of a co-worker's two kids. The girl is 3 1/2 and the boy is 18 months, just one month older than Afton. So, right off, I pretty much know what I'm dealing with with the 18 mo old since I am shooting pictures of Afton constantly and I know how difficult he is. So, I felt like I was starting off on a bit of a good foot. But, then the weather intervened. I had checked the weather forecast the night before & it said no rain. Then as soon as we pull up to Loose Park... you guessed it, it starts sprinkling. Then rained the entire time. We were confined to a very small space under an arbor by the rose garden. We also had to share this tiny arbor with 3 other photographers who were doing very grown-up engagement shoots. And here I am running around after a 3 year old and an 18 month old, trying to stay out of the rain, while also attempting to get a picture of the two little balls of energy together looking at the camera and smiling nicely. I didn't have the advantage of being able to sit them down anywhere because everywhere was wet. And getting an 18 mo old to stand still is like....impossible. But I did my best and I think I got some pretty cute ones of them in spite of the weather. I think they're cute & very relaxed looking.

Here they are:












Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott and Beth said...

I really like the third picture! Great job...I think I would have rescheduled...you are brave!

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home