Thursday, August 24, 2006

Astronomers Say Pluto is Not a Planet

















Let me just say for the rest of the galaxy... What the heck??! Pluto, NOT a planet?? To quote Yahoo! News: "Leading astronomers declared Thursday that Pluto is no longer a planet under historic new guidelines that downsize the solar system from nine planets to eight. After a tumultuous week of clashing over the essence of the cosmos, the International Astronomical Union stripped Pluto of the planetary status it has held since its discovery in 1930." DOWNSIZING the solar system? Who will they give a pink slip to next? Saturn, I bet. You know all those rings really take up a lot of space in the Milky Way and the "company" just feels it would benefit the "team" if Saturn took a leave of absence from its current "orbit." And isn't "historic new" an oxymoron, or am I just the moron? .... Wait. Don't answer that. I personally think with a name like the "International ASTRONOMICAL Union" all those scientists (see cocky scientist above) have just gotten too big for their lab coats in deciding which giant rocks flying through space get to be included in the solar system or not. Someone asked me, randomly (like that matters), this morning, "What is a stupid company?" I think this defines it. I really do feel sorry for Pluto. I mean he's got those three moons to take care of still & now he's laid off? It's just not fair!

Aaaand, I just heard the word "diarrhea" uttered from the other side of my cube wall.... uh oh. There goes Uranus.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott and Beth said...

Haha...you really made me laugh! I agree with you...crazy Corporate America.

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home