Friday, August 25, 2006

Future Study: Cows Really Are Country

Sorry if I'm a little off kilter today. I haven't gotten a lot of sleep this week & it's Friday so my brain has basically gone on strike until I give it more rest. So, just a few things I wanted to laugh at but don't really have the energy for witty banter today so here's a few rambling thoughts:

LONDON, England (Reuters) -- Cows have regional accents, a group of British farmers claims, and phonetics experts say the idea is not as far-fetched as it sounds.

"I spend a lot of time with my Friesians and they definitely 'moo' with a Somerset drawl," Lloyd Green said, referring to the breed of dairy cow he owns.

"I've spoken to the other farmers in the West Country group and they have noticed a similar development in their own herds.

"I think it works the same as with dogs - the closer a farmer's bond is with his animals, the easier it is for them to pick up his accent."

"Apparently the biggest influence on accents is peer groups -- on children in the playground, for example,' he said. 'Herds are quite tight-knit communities and don't tend to leave the area."

Full article

And they're going to spend money on further research of this?

It's people like this:


















That decorate with things like this:













That make this a very dangerous situation.

Now that the mooing in your head has stopped, I'd like to point out a most untrue thing I saw on Yahoo! this morning:












And, I imagine after you've taken their help of "surfing the web, connecting with pals and watching videos" you most likely will need their help of "finding another job." How nice of Yahoo!It's thoughtfulness like this that makes me wish I could work for Yahoo.

1. They understand and accept that I will waste 2 hours a day
2. They'll help me do it the right way by providing mind numbing information like this:













I'd really like to know the answer to number one. Mr. Brown Hat, I'll call him. He calls himself MrMiller, but I don't like it & what I say goes here because it's my blog.

Before I start making complete inconsense I'm going to go have some pumpkin spice coffee. And maybe I'll remember where I am & what I'm supposed to be doing here...we'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home