Monday, August 06, 2007

Nerves

My stomach is all up in knots this morning. Here's why: Chris just found out yesterday that he's being laid off in 2 weeks. He's got 2 weeks to find a new job while still working the current one. He hasn't even been there long enough to get benefits yet so he's pretty sure that's why he's getting the boot. But, I guess we can at least be thankful that he has some notice. This is also the last week we have our babysitter. Which is good & bad. She's been flaking out on us lately & has overslept the last 2 days she was supposed to work. I called her house to see what was up last Wed & this morning & woke her up both times. So, me being over an hour late to work each time has not been cool. Afton sleeps till nearly noon everyday so it's not like it's a hard job to get up for. All she has to do is show up & sit on her butt all morning long. Anyway, the daycare that we've been on a waiting list for since February, who first said there was a spot opening in May (which didn't happen), who then said in May there was an opening in August, now doesn't have an opening this month either & is saying there's not one till Oct 1st. Which leaves us with no sitter or daycare for a month & a half. When Afton turns 2 in Dec he will move up to the 2 yr old room where there are plenty of openings at just about every daycare for 2+ year olds. But, getting to that age group is quite a task. Anyway, this week is our sitter's last week with us because she starts school so my MIL is coming up next week to watch Afton so Chris can job hunt. ::groan:: I should have a degree is balancing plates... maybe I'll just join the circus. :oP Such is the life of the working mother. Don't get me wrong though--I LOVE being a mother. It's the full-time outside-of-the-home job part I don't like.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Scott and Beth said...

Wow.. I thought we were busy. I will be prayin' for you guys, for Chis to find a new job and an opening for daycare. Whew, I'm wore out just from reading that much less actually having to balance all of that.

8:41 AM  
Blogger Scott and Beth said...

How annoying! We'll pray that this just means Chris is going to get a much better job!

2:23 PM  
Blogger Studio P Photography said...

Exactly! I hope he does get a better job doing something back in his field again (restaurant/hotel). He's got an interview next Wednesday and hopefully more to come. This is the first day he made it out to job hunt. Thanks SO much for the prayers!

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home