Monday, February 11, 2008

We've moved

It's our 3rd week in the new house & we're still settling in. Still lots of boxes in the living room & curtains still to be hung, but we're already comfortable here & it feels like home.

We still have a few projects to complete but things are slowly coming along. On Friday we FINALLY got our bathroom sink installed & the light fixture put up in the dining room. Chris's dad helped with both.

Here are pictures of the chandelier. You can see my pretty red wall I painted. I love red.


And here's the new sink & faucet. And you can kinda see the towel ring. We have a matching towel rod but it hasn't made it in yet.

Next, I will give you a list of things that have been broken in the last 3 weeks. Glassware: watch out!

1st weekend after moving:
Doing dishes by hand in the sink & I broke a plate
Me: 1, Glassware: 0
Unpacking antique plates & putting them in my china cabinet, had 5 in my hand & dropped a little one from the bottom.
Me: 2, Glassware: -1
Unpacking miscellaneous things wrapped in newspaper, glass votive candle holder rolls out & falls onto other glass candle & breaks.
Me: 3, Glassware: -2
Adjusting Afton's bib while he eats in the dining room, mirror that is leaning against wall falls forward hitting me in the arm (if I hadn't been there it would have landed on Afton's head!), bruises my arm & a piece of the mirror falls out, but does not break.
Me: 2, Glassware: -1

A few days later:
Glass piece that fell out is laying flat on buffet & suddenly falls by itself behind buffet, breaking on the floor.
Me: 3, Glassware: -2

A few days ago:
Afton is eating off a porcelain plate, is "done" & throws plate on floor.
Afton: 1, Glassware: -3

Last night:
I get out of shower, am minding my own business & glass light fixture falls off light & shatters into sink.
Me: 4, Glassware: -4

Just for those of you keeping tabs on shards of glass you may or may not be likely to step on in my house...

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott and Beth said...

Sorry about all the stuff that broke, but the pictures are great! I too love red...red walls are beautiful! I love the new sink and light too! Both are very pretty! Are there some kind of red jewel looking things on the light? It is really pretty!

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home