Thursday, October 26, 2006

Eureka! Eureka, shout it from the highest peak-a!

Here are the Eureka Springs pictures I promised this week. There are quite a few here but this isn't all of them. I will post more next week of a few other places. The two directly below are outside the Crescent Hotel at night. Sorry these aren't really in order, but you get the idea.








































In an antique shop. This was an old "bread machine" with instructions right on the lid.













Eureka at night from atop the balcony at the Crescent. I froze my buns off taking this!

























































On the way to War Eagle. We passed this barn about 3 or 4 times on 2 different trips to War Eagle before I finally pouted enough to get Chris to stop.













The Crescent at dusk



















This is one worn out horse. There's nothing but mountains it has to walk up & down pulling the carriage.













Beaver Dam



















Beaver Lake













From Lookout point above the dam.













Pea Ridge Historic Military Park from the bluffs






































A bumble bee! (I took lots of these)




















































Pea Ridge


























Pretty fall leaves in Eureka



















A fountain at a B&B that's for sale.
































At Pea Ridge













Victorian rooftop & fall foliage in Eureka



















DEER!! They stood there for what seemed like forever just staring at me while I took a million pictures before finally crossing the road.













Pea Ridge



















Cat I thought was cute prancing through the flowers until it lifted its tail & sprayed them. Bad cat.













Pea Ridge. The house in the distance I didn't get any closer ones of b/c the Park Ranger made us leave promptly at 5pm.













Ivy on Crescent













Cute little deer. (Don't shoot it Scott! hee hee)













Flowers in garden at Crescent














And this is it for today. Self explanatory. It rained later this day but the clouds looked kinda cool before then. Sorry, no ghost stories from this trip. It still looks creepy though.

4 Comments:

Blogger Scott and Beth said...

SCOTT: I love the deer pics (of course) but don't worry as you've read in our blog, I can't hit them at 9 steps so I'm sure they're more than safe. I really like the bell tower or whatever it is w/the fall colors behind it! Wonderful shots and it is pretty clear that Arkansas has a lot better colors this year than TN.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Studio P Photography said...

Yep, that's a bell tower. They say it's the "only" church where you enter through the bell tower. Don't know how true that is, but it's still a really pretty view from the mountain tops. Yes, the fall colors were really pretty there. I worried for nothing!

12:11 PM  
Blogger Scott and Beth said...

I love all of these pictures! They are beautiful! As soon as I saw the link to the place you all stayed I sent it to Scott as a little hint:)

Where did little Afton stay while you were away?

8:21 AM  
Blogger Studio P Photography said...

Thanks! You should definitely go there if you ever get the chance. There are lots of really nice B&Bs also if that's something up your alley.

Afton stayed with his Mema & Poppie at the Lake of the Ozarks where they live. They said he's spoiled rotten & I think Mema held him the entire 4 days! We missed him a lot. It was the 1st time we'd been away overnight, much less 4 nights! He did great though.

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home